There is something enigmatic about Los Cabos. Whether it is the breathtaking sunsets, the majestic Arch which holds two seas —The Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean— or the astonishing scenarios with vast desert vegetation, Los Cabos makes you feel all kinds of emotions when you are here. If you look more closely, you’ll find delicious restaurants, top-notch service, and powerful hotel architecture.
All this combined and you have a destination like no other. There’s no question why tourists around the world choose Los Cabos as a way to relax or celebrate important events.
With that in mind, let’s see what the city has to offer.
San José del Cabo is the place to be when it comes to gastronomy and culture. Start by making a reservation at Lumbre, which opened its doors in 2022, and offers only fire-cooking-dishes. There is also Aguamala Cevicheria with fresh seafood and cocktails. If you want to grab a drink, go to Nomada and ask for mezcal and Mexican beer. For beer lovers, you should try Baja Brewing and order that season’s beer. As a perfect date, we recommend you to take some ceramic classes at Casa Musa or go to the Art Walk and experience the galleries. The main streets are closed so you can walk freely and sightsee. Want to hear what’s best? These places and restaurants are located in downtown San José!
A couple of years ago, Las Animas, located near San José del Cabo, began to grow and suddenly transformed into a land where you can find Farm to Table venues such as ACRE, Flora’s Farm and Los Tamarindos. These three properties have amazing agriculture and large spaces that were conceptualized to celebrate events.
Resorts in San Jose:
- Zadun: Ritz Carlton Reserve – one of 5 resorts labeled as Reserve in the world, located in Puerto Los Cabos
- El Ganzo: Eclectic, boutique and unique with venues on the San Jose Marina
- JW Marriott: A family resort located in Puerto Los Cabos
- Viceroy: A minimalist and modern aesthetic with water features throughout
- Costa Palmas: A resort by Four Seasons, an hour north of San Jose in Los Barriles
When you finish exploring the municipality capital, take the tourist corridor which holds most of the hotels and resorts. It is a 30 min drive from San Jose del Cabo to Cabo San Lucas, and you’ll get to see the ocean while driving from one place to the other.
- O&O Palmilla: Iconic and luxurious with an Ocean front event lawn
- Las Ventanas: A Rosewood resort, need we say more
- Chileno Bay Resort: An Auberge resort located on the best snorkeling beach in the Baja. Casual elegance and cannot be beat
- Montage: located on the beautiful Santa Maria Bay
- Esperanza: An Auberge resort, romantic hacienda style with dramatic cliff views
- The Cape: Luxury meets mid-century modern, incomparable views of Lands’ End and the Arch
Once you are in Cabo San Lucas, start the day with an early morning when the sea is typically calm. Schedule a tour to see the humpback whales and experience one of nature’s true wonders. Early November through late February, these majestic mammals visit Los Cabos as part of their migration and can be seen very close to shore. When the tour is over, grab a quick bite at Las Gardenias. Located near Plaza Puerto Paraiso, this restaurant is the best-kept secret and serves fish and shrimp tacos, some ceviche, and large glasses of agua de jamaica. It is an institution. Finish your day with the late-night atmosphere and dance the night out with your friends at Squid Roe.
- Waldorf Astoria: Cliffside restaurant, El Farallon and entrance through iconic tunnel
Another important town you’ll need to have on your calendar is a road trip to our Pueblo Magico (Magic Town) that is Todos Santos located within 45 min of Cabo San Lucas. The main street holds a new restaurant called Oystera, an inspired building with amazing architecture as if time has stopped. It specializes in all types of oysters and Baja’s world-famous clams best known as almeja chocolata. Don’t leave too soon, take time to explore the charming town. Grab a coffee at Docecuarenta and take pictures of the picturesque streets. Dine at Dum and grab drinks at Greenroom.
- Rancho Pescadero: Hyatt’s Unbound Collection, opening Nov. 2022. We cannot wait for this venue to become available
- San Cristobal Baja: Bunkhouse Brand, 36 rooms with chapel and historic cannery. This venue will not disappoint and could be a buyout for just you and your guests
- Paradero: Embrace the Baja at this award-winning slice of paradise where modern meets rustic elegance
Regardless of the activity, Los Cabos will not cease to amaze you. Take into consideration all the places your family and friends will get to live once they arrive at your destination event! It will be the celebration of a lifetime.
Towns to keep in mind:
- Cerritos: 20 min drive from Cabo San Lucas where you can surf and eat shrimp tacos in Barracuda Cantina (featured in Las Cronicas del Taco in Netflix)
- Pescadero: 30 min drive from Cabo San Lucas. You’ll find local crafts, homemade Baja California Sur burritos and a brand-new resort called Rancho Pescadero
- East Cape: 30 min drive from San Jose del Cabo with donkeys and horses in the middle of the road, surfing spots and Liebre Matrera for drinks and dancing
– Thank you @loscabostourism for the photos!